Friday, February 24, 2006

More on Golden Bell

Earlier I wrote about the Golden Bell episode filmed at Kwandong University. I claimed that two G-bloggers were participating. First, a correction: one G-blogger, Masuro, participated and the other, like me, was a spectator. Pack-the-El-Camino and I simply watched and took some pictures. If Paka posts his photos, I recommend you check them out; these ones are not great quality.

The quiz ran from ten am to around six pm- nightmarishly long. One of the stars, host Kim Bo-min, spent the entire time trying to look comfortable in a miniskirt in the very cold gym.

Masuro and another Kwandong teacher, Nasra, performed a little skit in which several body language gestures were used. The students were then asked what the -two hands held at eye level and about a metre apart with two fingers making a 'bunny-ear' kind of motion- meant. Acceptable answers were; quotations, sarcasm or emphasis.


Here they are walking up to begin.

Afterwards, Masuro, who is relatively fluent in Korean, asked the question.

After that, Masuro, who is also a HUGE Kim Bo-min fan, joined the long line of high school boys to get an autograph.
Does his head seem unreasonably large to you?

2 comments:

Marcus Peddle said...

Poor Bomin didn't look happy all day. I wouldn't be happy either if I was forced to wear a miniskirt in a freezing gym (I wore pants and I was cold) and I had hormone-addled high school boys drooling over me and asking for autographs everytime I had an opportunity for a short break.
Who's the big-headed foreign freak? Looks strangely familiar . . . . :)

kwandongbrian said...

In my first reading, I missed the end-bracket where you wrote about being cold and read:
"(I wore pants and I was cold and I had hormone-addled high school boys drooling over me and asking for autographs everytime I had an opportunity for a short break."

LOL