Monday, December 28, 2009

Language and KwandongAlex

This is the second in what I hope to be a fairly regular series about how my son speaks and learn English, which he calls "Canada talking".

In the first, I drew attention to the way he overuses the present continuous, with phrases like, "I don't want to be doing that. rather than "I don't want to do that."

Today, I am amused by his struggles with the present continuous and two-part verbs.  In the morning, "I am get upping", "When are you get upping?" and the like are common.

another common sentence construction uses "I don't know how to do that."  The other night he was sleeping in my bed with me and kicked me a few times.  I told him not to push me off the bed.  His response was ,"I don't know how to not push you off the bed."

No comments: