Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Korea Times seems a too-easy target sometimes

From today's Times:

12-16-2009 19:33
여성 남성   
Bundle Up for Cold Spell Unitl Next Week

(To be clear, I made the pasted section purple, that's not what I am trying to show.)

While there, you might find a link for an article with acceptable spelling but poor grammar and especially poor-filtering by any editor on staff.  A sample:


Extraterrestrial cemetery in Rwanda, Central Africa which is at least 500 years old, was discovered.

According to the Weekly World News, Dr. Hugo Childs, the Swiss anthropologist said, "There must be 200 bodies buried there and not a single one of them is human." 



I found these articles on my own but Korea Beat commented on the aliens-in-Africa' article before I did.

These errors are frequent but I think they pick up around Christmas.  Nine years ago, on Christmas or New Year's Day, an entire article had been typed as if the typist had shifted his fingers one key to the left.  Ur kiijws kujw rgua (It looked like this).

No comments: