Saturday, November 27, 2004

Close the door (again)!

Just before it got cold, I asked (maybe demanded) that Koreans close doors to keep the heat inside. Yesterday was the first snowfall here and here are the open doors.

open door policy Posted by Hello


open door policy Posted by Hello

Every room has a gas heater. I think there's not much logic to the idea of 'fan-death' but 'heater-death'- caused by bad ventilation, fires, etc, seems much more likely. It's hard to insulate and heat a concrete box but keeping the air that has been heated inside just makes good sense.

Below is a different but related problem with open doors. This picture was taken from the middle of a hall at my university. Even when I was a volunteer at the Seoul World Cup Stadium, I noticed that people urinating were free to wave to the crowds outside. Am I the only one to feel a little shy in the bathroom?

open door policy Posted by Hello

No comments: