Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chungdae san

It's been a while since I climbed the mountain behind my apartment. Today, the Kwandongfamily went up. There were many changes since the last time I'd been up.

"This tree must not fall!"
Kwandongson with Sokcho's mountain-ocean mascot (funny that they didn't work sunrise in).
There are a lot of new benches along the trail. Here Kwandong-son and -wife point to the little guy's daycare.
If you climb 280 metres and think, "I wish I could go up five metres more", you are in luck.

1 comment:

Marcus Peddle said...

You're lucky to have such easy access to a hiking trail. Gangneung has built nice walking paths from Anmok to Gyeongpo but I much prefer mountains. Still, the pine trees along the waterfront are very nice and, since last year, the fences have been removed and people can inside the woods.