Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Exercise update

Yesterday, I reached two milestones in my fitness training. One, I am now as fast as I was 25 years ago. I was a pretty small back then and a terrible runner but I'm glad to be back to speed and endurance now. I am proud but embarrassed at how out of shape I let myself become.

My second milestone is even more embarrassing and probably incomprenhensible to most Koreans. I sweat, a lot. When my shirt becomes salty, it rubs and irritates my nipples. Yes, I'm a 37 year old male complaining about sore nipples.

At a sports camp I worked at ten years ago, I shaved part of my chest and taped them. It was a little tough to explain but I could explain, everyone knew English. I don't think I'll be doing that and going to the Health Club.

Luckily, I found a suggestion at Answerbag:

If you find that you get blisters, try out some of the
running socks sold by the running stores. Double-layered
ones work well. They are more expensive than cheap
"sports" socks, but if you have blister problems, then
they are well worth it. Another good trick is to apply
Vaseline to your feet before running. Vaseline also
works well if your nipples get sore.

I guess that's what I'll be doing. If anyone cares, I'm up to 5km and 30 minutes. Next visit, I'll try 80kg on the bench press. The big fitness news is that I'm down a kg. I want to get to 85kg and so have 7 more to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, sore nipples. That does bring back memories (as strange as that may sound). I was a runner from my 20's on until I turned 40 and it seemd like my body just went to crap - sore knees, shin splints, bad ankles, you name it. Anyway, one of my biggest problems, especially in summer was just that - sore nipples. I used to run 5+ miles and by the 2nd mile, my nipples would be raw to where I'd be pulling my shirt away from my chest while running. I finally opted for the band-aid fix. Congrats on your exercise regimen, by the way. I got back into it last year at age 44 and am benching 205 right now but am having a hard time breaking that barrier. Not sure if it's age, not having a spotter, or what. Still, not too bad for a 155 pound, 44 year old guy. I don't run, now I just hit the treadmill and power walk, I've found that much easier on the ankles and knees.

skindleshanks said...

Lansinoh is made for sore nipples-if you want some, I think we have some left from our failed baby product selling business.