Friday, September 05, 2008

Chrome

I am a big fan of Firefox and my computer is getting on in years so I am unwilling to download new browser software but Google's new browser seems interesting (I'm also a big fan of Google). I had to chuckle, however, at the self-importance of this headline, "MS Dominance Thwarts Google Browser’s Foray." Korea isn't really the centre of the world, guys.

The article is a little more evenhanded, describing the troubles Chrome has in Korea. The article then goes on to describe upcoming trouble Korean web designers will face; the possible phasing out of Active-X. I don't know much about ActiveX, except that it can be a path for viruses and other problems.

1 comment:

Marcus Peddle said...

I've been using Chrome for a few days and it's working well. It loads web pages quickly and I haven't had any major problems. I could only set up a Korean version of the program and I'm not sure how to get back to the 'speed dial' page once I've done some surfing. There's probably an easy way I just haven't seen. Chrome also seems to work with Korean websites, and Firefox doesn't. I haven't tried online shopping on a Korean site yet.