Thursday, September 23, 2004

I'm an Uncle!

I already was a uncle through my wife's family. One of her sisters has a daughter.

But now it's on my side. Bronte Elizabeth was born on Tuesday in Alaska. She is healthy, has red hair and was 7 pounds, 7 ounces (about 3.5 kg) at birth.

You might wonder about the name. My sister is a high school English teacher, what more can I say? I saw an article in The Onion, a satirical newspaper that listed the names Asian-Americans were giving their children (John, Michael, David, Nancy, Jenny,...) and the names WASP Americans were using (sequoia, Ariel, Bronte, Scout...) Here is a link for the onion but the article I mentioned is long gone, unless you want to pay.

Yes, she lives in Alaska. My mother is in Ontario, Canada (actually now in Alaska for a few weeks), my sister lives in Alaska, I am in Korea and my father is in Heaven (and possibly still in his urn in a closet in Canada).

No comments: