Sunday, November 04, 2007

36 summits

Today, I made my 36th climb of Cheongdae Mountain. Again, if you are new to my blog or don't keep track of my doings, Cheongdae is not a giant mountain or anything, its just a handy fitness goal.

It was my third climb of November (today is the fourth (day of November)) so I'm well on my way to achieving 52 climbs by the end of the year.

Here is the Kwandongfamily at the summit yesterday. The climb was warm but East-coast Gangwondo's winter winds were back so the peak was cold. I was wearing only a shirt so my back could dry a little before putting on a sweater and vest.




The little guy is ambivalent about the mountain. I think the babysitter takes him up now and again (I mentioned earlier that he may have more summits than I do) and she claims not to carry him. Some days, I carry him a little and some days a lot. Yesterday, I carried him a lot, so I was hot and panting and wet at the peak.

Today, I tried something different. I jogged around the mountain to the other side and then summited and finished at my starting point. I had walked the route on Thursday and took an hour, seven minutes. Today, by no means fast, I managed forty-one minutes.

No comments: