Thursday, May 25, 2006

Choosing to be Korean, Part 2

A few weeks ago, I interviewed a coworker, Marcus, regarding his reasons for choosing to take Korean citizenship.

Today, I interviewed another coworker who has also chosen to be Korean. Tammy has been here for almost thirty years and has been Korean for about twenty years. Although Marcus' decision was based on logic, Tammy's was based more on emotion. She simply feels at home here.

This is my third podcast and I find recording them interesting. Odeo offers a great service but for each of the three recordings, the first time through didn't save properly and I had to do the interviews a second time. Such repetition might have made my delivery smoother but I also find that I reference the previous (and erased) podcast in the current one. I hope this isn't too distracting.

I am satisfied with the interview but I found myself at least once concentrating on the mechanics of recording (volume level, elapsed time,...) too much and giving a sort of meaningless grunt when she stopped talking. Interviewing people requires real skills!

You can download the mp3 here.

Or, listen to it below.



powered by ODEO

2 comments:

Marcus Peddle said...

She was much more interesting and well-spoken than I was. :) And the audio is better as well.

Sean said...

will listen sometime over the weekend. You'll find that the more you work with your audio editing program the better your recordings will be. It's relatively easy to adjust the volume of a recording if there isn't too much noise (technical noise, not background)